I keep asking myself the same question quite a lot. Although I try and do frequent blogging, most of it tends to be fairly mundane, but I don’t always want it like this. I mean sometimes it’s quite fun talking about nothing, but I want more.
I make lists quite a lot- some a la High Fidelity, others simply to-do-lists. However, I’ve got one that is bigger than any of the others (maybe not in terms of number, but certainly in terms of scope). My (short-term) LIFE LIST.
To put it simply, I want to do/see as many of these as possible within a relatively short space of time- maybe 2 or 3 years.
Right at the top, there is the ‘personal’:
- Put on a show at the Edinburgh Fringe
- Write something and get it published (either a book, some short stories or a script/screenplay. Doesn’t matter)
- Record an EP to be released physically. Ideally vinyl, realistically CDs. Maybe even an album.
- Make money (even if just breaking even) by selling my doodles on T-shirts, mugs, badges, stickers etc. If there’s a market out there, I’ll do it!
Next, there’s meet/interview/have a photo taken with the following people:
- David Bowie
- Nick Cave
- Nicky Wire
- Bret Hart
- Jack Vettriano
- Shawn Michaels
- Barack Obama
- Bill Clinton
- Howard Marks
- David Peace
- Kevin Smith
- Wayne Gretzky
- Ryan Kesler
- Quentin Tarantino
- The Raveonettes
- Lou Reed
And then, places I’d like to visit. This list is nowhere near exhaustive- I always seem to be finding out about different places, and most of them end up on here. I guess these are the most important on each continent:
- Calat Alhambra, Spain
- Paris (again)
- Monte Carlo
- Rome (again, but have a proper exploration)
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Amritsar, India (The Golden Temple)
- The monasteries in the Wudang Mountains, China
- Hong Kong
Again, there’s probably a lot more than that.
I could go on for HOURS about different things I’d like to see (in some cases for pop culture reasons, others to say I’ve seen them). I’ll be polite and keep going here, rather than get bogged down in thinking about this one…
Actually, I’ve realised that this page is probably rather dull. Sorry about that.
In short- there’s a lot I want to do. And with that, there would be a lot that I could talk about, and make little doodles for.